Sunday 11 May 2008

Practice- 10th May 2008

The moto x practice track just up the road here in wadebridge was open today so off I went to have a little blast round up against those motocross boys.
Needless to say that mine was the only enduro bike there and the only TM, which made things slightly interesting as I pulled into the car park! I got shall we say some ‘inquisitive’ looks, and as I was driving past some ‘seasoned’ mx boys to get parked up, I was going to stop and get out my guitar and give them all a song so they’d have something more to talk about, but I didn’t have it with me, what a shame!
Ok, that’s enough sarcastic wit from me so lets move on.
It was an absolutely beautiful summers day and the track was just about in perfect condition due to the rain we had the night before.
I was looking forward to testing my jumping ability over the table tops and the ‘ski’ jumps and trying to get a bit of speed up and the same time. After a few warm up laps I thought I took the jumps ok and was getting some decent ‘air’ until some guy overtook me in mid air up about 10 foot higher than what I was!
‘where the f*ck did he come from’ I thought, the clouds? The bloke must have needed an oxygen mask to get that high. I later found out this guy had won sort of championship last season, not surprising is it?
Anyway, I had good session down there doing about 20-30 mins at a time, taking a breather for 10 then going back out again. It did make a nice change having some little tussles against some motocross boys and I enjoyed the competition (especially against the big 4 bangers), so an enjoyable day.
One sad note is that we stopped an hour early because one guy had a bad ‘off’ going over a jump and an ambulance was called. He got taken off to hospital so the organizer decided to call it a day. Lets hope he’s back on the mend soon.