Saturday 19 July 2008

Whats going on then?- 19th July 2008

I'll tell you whats going on, I'm shattered!!!!!
It's all rather a bit slow for me at the moment as I've only ridden in a couple of events in the last few months.
Due to the joys of being a father my little girl decides to wake us up in the middle of the night nearly every night because she's 'teething' (apparently this means that the teeth are trying to cut through the gums and grow and causes a lot of pain) or so my girlfriend tells me!
Pain? Try hitting a gate post head on at 30-40 mph, that's pain i can tell ya!

I haven't done any running for about 2 months because i ain't got the energy to lift one foot in front of the other and I've got 2 pairs of brand new £90 running shoes i haven't even worn yet, waiting for me to stride out in. I do love running, always have done, always will, simple reason is that it keeps you fit. Comes in handy sometimes you know, especially trying to push a muddy lagged motorbike up a slimy slippery rooty granite laden hill!!!

On top of that I've been entrenched in decorating up to my neck and if you look at the profits of Homebase at the end of the year, half of that has come from me, I'm sure of it. I'm forever down that bloody place!

Next week I'm hoping to get some kip, eat enough pasta, drink enough lucozade and s.i.s and actually race at Idless in the next round of the south west champs. Fingers crossed eh?

OK, now for the good news (yes there is some), I've been and ordered myself a new bike!
Brand spanking new 09 Gas Gas EC 125. I'm just hoping i can get to ride the damn thing a lot more than i'm doing at the moment when it arrives!