Thursday 4 June 2009

A quick blast- 3rd June 2009

Decided to have a quick blast round the local moto x track tonight seeing as the weather is absoulutely cracking at the moment. I met Adam Blake and Nick Tremlett up there and all of us were on 125's, And believe or not the only other 2 riders there were on 125's as well!!! so it was happy days to hear the little smokers zinging around the track (like wasps in a can my dad used to say).
I didn't do too much and took it easy as i was quite literally 'flat out on my back' earlier in the week due to a horrendous bug that swept through the 'Muso' household late on Sunday night, but me being as keen as mustard i was eager to see if i could get some decent speed up and give myself a boost before sundays race and also test out my thigh thats been giving me trouble since that 'off' at Storridge wood the other week.
Me and Nick had a great race against each other for about 15 mins just before it was time to pack up because the track became a bit on the dangerous side due to the dust everywhere that was flying about and making it difficult to see, and as usual, we couldn't touch 'Blakey' as he was bloody well on a different planet showing us all how it should be done!

My thigh still isn't that good and i got woken up at 3.30am this morning and having to go and take more painkillers because it's still giving me trouble, still Sunday's race is a few more days away yet and another 200 anti inflammatory tablets between now and then should do the trick shouldn't it?

A busy month ahead so let's hope this leg doesn't cause me too many problems in the next few weeks.

June
7th Camborne & Reduth mcc
14th Midwest mcc
21st Track n trail
28th SCEC