Sunday 9 January 2011

Practice 9th January- 2011

I've got a lot of catching up to do in order to get 'bike fit' as it were, so a trip to the local MX track was the order of the day.

I think 3 words summed up the state of the track, Mud, Ruts, Water!!! In fact i was the only bugger there as conditions we a bit tricky so that probably put a few riders off. Good training it was though and i felt a bit knackered afterwards to be honest, that just goes to show that i've a fair way to go yet before i'll be able to do anything for a decent length of time without my stamina running out.

It's been a long time since i had to haul my bike out of a deep sloppy mud infested rut, but that's exactly what i had to do on one lap because my flamin chain got de-railed and come off, brought back memories did that!

Dan hull popped up with a few mates to see what was going on so had a quick chat with him before having another blast round the place and then calling it a day.

I'll be on the bike again next week, don't know where yet but after you been out for a year with injury even riding round and round the back garden feels good!