Saturday 31 December 2011

Update...........................

Well after getting the arm checked twice now at the old doc’s, it seems there’s not a lot I can do except rest the thing. The injury is lot worse than I first thought, it appears that whatever managed to go through my arm at the Dawn to Dusk has torn into my muscle on my forearm and only rest will cure it. It’s at times like this that you wish you were 20 again, take half the time to heal! Mind you I will say that the girlfriend is extremely happy because unlike last year (when I was injured for a long time and went out every Sunday to watch races), this time I’ve kept away from all the bike racing and been decorating the house!

Best wishes and a speedy recovery to Ali Gilbert who had a nasty ‘off’ at a local event a couple of weeks back. Ali spent 9 days in hospital after basically smashing his knee to bits which broke all the ligaments in it as well as breaking his knee cap. Bloody horrible things knees to damage, I now about them because I’ve got an artificial ligament myself in one of mine. I spoke to Ali on the phone the other day, he’s in good spirits but will of course be out of action for long time, real shame that because he really was starting to put some good results in and was starting to ride really well. Get well soon mate…………..