Monday 25 January 2010

Davidstow- 24th January 2010


So with this being the 1st round of the SW (south west) enduro championships, a decent sized field had entered in all classes as everyone was keen to put in a good first result.

So with me not riding at the moment and all chances of actually getting on my bike and doing a bit of marshaling at zero due to the recent treatment on the elbow, i managed to bump into every bugger i bloody well knew whilst walking about, and one by one i had a chat with what seemed like was half the flamin country!
I'm not even going to begin to name everyone i spoke too as quite simply i'd be up all night typing all the names out, so many of you, cheers everybody.

I knew that the course would be tough, and come the end of the race as riders were pulling out left, right and centre, and loads of them waiting for the flag at the end and giving up on doing another lap, i was absolutely gutted. I would have loved those conditions, never mind, i'm sure i'll get my fair share in the future.

I think the worse thing is, is watching everybody riding and knowing that you should be out there but you can't, but on the other hand it makes you want to get back on the bike so much that i think when that time comes, i might have to make a pig of myself and do more riding than i did last year!

Don't really know at the moment what my immediate plans are yet, to be honest i haven't even entered any races as i'm not sure how long i'm gonna be out for. As i write this now, i've not really tested my arm since the injection, in fact i'm wrapping the thing up in cotton wool at the moment and daren't do anything to it that could hinder the cortisone treatment. Hopefully might have some idea in a week or two. Watch this space!