Tuesday 8 May 2007

Brandis corner- May 6th 2007


Not a great start to the weekend I must admit with Leeds getting relegated!
Never mind, we’ll be back.

Gutted over the football, off I went to take out my frustrations on the track!
I arrived in plenty of time, not as far as I thought it was, good weather, all set for a good days racing.

Done all the usual bits there is to do and waited for the start.
With minutes to go and on the start line, I’d realised that I’ve forgotten to put on my transponder; it was back in the car in the next field!
Off went the girlfriend to go and get it and got back just in the nick of time. (who says race meetings are no place for a woman, not me!)

Flag dropped and off we went racing, started about middle.
A few little woody rooty bits caught a few out, so things slowed a bit on the first lap till everyone got spaced out a bit (I don’t mean having a joint either).
The track was very dry due to the recent weather we’ve been having, so a right ‘bone shaker’ in places.
1 or 2 nice ‘grassy’ hills, a couple of jumps and some tricky wooded sections, but nothing too technical, although I still got caught out 2 or 3 times by the roots and had to pick the bike up each time, only had little ‘offs’ though, so nothing major.
Each lap was about 9 to 10 mins, for me anyway it was.

Pitted ok at halfway feeling fine and off I went to do the remainder of the race.
With a couple of laps left, I was entering a wooded section at the end of a fast bit of track, there was only enough room for the 1 bike to get through, when out the corner of my eye some guy decided to try and get there before me.
I was just turning and it was at this point that he simply ‘torpedoed’ me!
I went straight onto the deck and into the bush (no harm done), the guy actually turned round to me and said ‘sorry’, then carried on.
Fair play to him for doing that.
Finished ok and got placed 6th in another round of the 2-stroke championship that I entered.

Finishing position: 13/37
Bike status: ok
Injuries: none