Thursday 13 September 2007

4 stroke training!- 13th September 2007

This Sunday I’m due to race at Nancemellion with a mate of mine Pete Jago, in a 4hr 2 man team event, but with the TM still in ‘hospital’ and no chance of it being ready for the weekend, I was bikeless!
After speaking to Pete, he suggested that I should try my injured shoulder out on his bike to see if it could handle a bit of ‘off roading’, If it was ok, then I’d be alright to ride and also to see how I got on with his Beta 350r.
So, after driving over to his place (girlfriend in tow, the baby still hasn’t arrived, it was due yesterday!) I got on the Beta and followed Pete in his car (who also had his 2 kids in tow, as he was babysitting them!) out into the wilderness towards the moors. Well, I was following him until the four banger started spluttering like a backfiring 1960’s morris minor (I should know, because my dad had one) and stopped dead on me, right in the middle of nowhere!
Yeah, nice one mate, do you think you could put some petrol in your bike when you offer your mate a ride on it? Pete was oblivious to the situation and carried on around the country lanes and out of sight. I stuck her on reserve, fired her up and carried on only to find him legging it around the corner back to me as he thought that something had happened. We both found the funny side of it, and me not knowing where the nearest garage was, it was up to Pete to go back to refuel on the bike while me and Marie done a bit of babysitting!
10 mins later and we were off again, and made it to the moors ok, where I had a nice little blast around (legally of course) to get a feel of the bike and see if the shoulder was up to it. With everything ok, it was then back off home.

Big thanks to Pete for his time and effort today, roll on Sunday.