Wednesday 4 November 2009

A day out- 25th October 2009

After gigging last night and not collapsing into bed until 2.40am it was just as well I wasn’t racing today as I think I might have been a tad cream crackerd. So not one to sit on my arse all day and do nowt or indeed the stacks of decorating that needs to be done to keep the girlfriend happy (will have to do that soon me thinks), It was off to watch a local motocross meeting held by the Penndennis motor club.

A few local enduro riders were playing their cards so I went to see how they all got on. I met up with Arthur Johnson and Hannes Tanzer who were riding, and also had a chat with John Pitman and Barry Weeks who were there for a blast as well. Tim Williams also popped along to see what it was all about, so stood there having a chat and watching the racing with him for a while.

What really caught my eye was the twinshock / Evo class, I love the old bikes and believe me they fly. A certain Jason Fraser took his old CR 500 out in the modern bike class as well and beat them all, just goes to show if you’re classy enough then you can do yourself justice on most bikes. Nice to see Tony Dinham have a blast round in the Evo class as well on his old Yammy YZ (I think!).

I stayed the whole day and really enjoyed myself and it certainly had me thinking on the way home about taking up the Twinshock / Evo motocross lark in a few years time. Get myself an old RM, CR or YZ, (125 of course) and I reckon I’d love it, only trouble is you only get about 15 mins a race, um……………………