Tuesday 24 April 2007

A bit of practice- June/July 2006


After last weeks embarrassment I finally got to ride the TM.
I off loaded the bike, turned the fuel tap on (no probs this time), paid my money, changed into my very clean brand new riding gear, fired her up and off I went.
Nervous was not the word as I gingerly made my way round the track lap after lap getting constantly blasted by the more experienced riders that were passing me.
I managed to do an hour or so broken up into 3x 20 minute segments, before my arms decided to stop working due to arm pump (now I know what it feels like), I was happy with that so off I went back home.

Once a week for the next 4-5 weeks I went down the track to practice on the bike and I was starting to get more confident on it although I must admit to not really ‘nailing it’ simply because it’s going to take me a while to handle the power aspects of the thing.
I got talking to a few blokes who regularly go down there and one of the guys done a swap with me with the bikes for about 10 mins around the track. I went on his KTM 125 SX and he went on the TM, it was nice to see how a different bike handles.

My stamina now was coming along and I was managing to go for well over an hour non stop which I hoped would put me in good shape for my first race, It was all coming along nicely and I was confident! Over the past few weeks I’d built up a toolbox and got some spares of things I thought I might need so everything was In place and decided to send off for some regs and enter a race