Tuesday 24 April 2007

Nancemellion- September 17th 2006

I’m still not feeling right from my rude introduction to enduro’s that happened at Rifton. It’s been well over a month now and still I’m ‘light headed’, I guess I suppose it will pass in time, hopefully it will.

I’d heard that Nancemellion was quite an open track but a bit rough, but with quads racing at the same time as well, I thought that there can’t be many narrow bits otherwise there wouldn’t be room for them to make it through.
The track looked fairly open and you could see a lot of it from standing on top of the hill near the start, I was confident that I would actually finish this one.
I think it was 2 and half hour hare and hounds event, the flag dropped and off we went.
The course wasn’t very long, probably about 5 miles with some nice fast open stretches, some jumps and a few wooded sections. Some of the course we used was I think an ex-motocross track.
Everything went to plan and I made my pit stop at halfway.
I only had 1 or 2 little ‘offs’ so I was confident of a finish as I had still had some energy left in me, brilliant I thought.
As I came round on another lap I could see the clock ticking, only about 3 or 4 mins to go, so I past the finish line and stopped.
My mate Lester came running over to me ‘what are you doing, go on, keep going, you can do another lap yet’ he said. Due to my total lack of experience I thought that I hadn’t the time to do another lap, but of course I do have the time because the race doesn’t stop until the actual time is up, so I could do another lap! (me being a twat again!).
So, off I went and finished the race, I was over the moon.
Roll on the next one.

Finishing position: 7/17
Bike status: ok
Injuries: none