Thursday 26 April 2007

Inside Park- December 10th 2006




This was going to be my last race of the year, in a roundabout way I knew I was going to miss racing for over a month, but then again, a rest is as good as a change so they say.

Another early start, I’d had a late one the night before (gig) so Marie drove while I slept for some of the journey. To be honest, she’d done brilliantly, because I woke up just as we were pulling into the venue.

Done all the necessary, warmed up the engine and waited for the flag to drop amongst the big sportsman’s field that had entered.
Now, just before I go on about the race itself, at the riders briefing we were told we had to travel through a farmyard with a concrete drive that was very, very slippery and we should proceed with caution.
Right then, the flag dropped and off we went, I made my usual customary bad start, but managed to pass a few before we headed off out of sight towards that farmyard.
What did I do next as I went along the concrete road? Proceed with caution?, did I hell as like, I turned on the gas and done a doughnut in front of the chasing riders and landed on my arse! (twat). Somewhat embarrassed, I picked up the bike and carried on.
Nice course, lots of woods, loads of roots, a few fast fire roads, and a nice motocross style field section to finish off the lap.
Pitted ok at halfway and was going well, only had 1 or 2 little ‘offs’ and I hadn’t damaged the bike this time round!
Finished with no major problems today.

Finishing position: 20/55
Bike status: ok
Injuries: right foot, big toe black and blue, nail coming off.