Tuesday 24 April 2007

Brearly Farm- October 8th 2006

I was on a high due to the fact that I’d actually finished my last race, I couldn’t wait for this one, I’m now totally hooked!
My head has finally cleared after the accident some 2 months earlier so I’m fit and raring to go.

This was going to be a very open and fast race, the quads were still racing when we arrived and basically the course looked like a lot of flat fields with a few twists and turns and probably about 4-5 miles long, 2 and half hours duration.
This would also be the first time that I could race with an enduro or motocross tyre on the back, brilliant, grip at last I thought. (mind you, I took me 2 hours to change the thing in the week, first time I’ve ever changed a motorbike tyre, nightmare I had).

My sister had turned up to see me, now, the last time (and only time) that she’d came to see me was at my very first race and we all know what happened there! So I was determined to prove to her that her journey wouldn’t be wasted.
What was new to me was a sighting lap, basically we all follow each other round for a lap to get a feel for the course before we start proper. Sometimes these can be a good thing, sometimes not, the reason being is that on a steep slippery routed hill everyone goes so slow that we all get stuck and come off! No such problems on this track though.
Sighting lap out of the way, warmed up the engine, waited for the flag and off we went racing.
Not really much to say about this one except that it was nice to really open up the bike, boy does that thing shift for a 125.
I didn’t have any ‘offs’ and all went smoothly. Did a hell of a lot of laps though as each lap only took about 7-8 minutes! Quite a big sportsman field too.
A good day, good weather, and something a little bit different.

Finishing position: 23/41
Bike status: ok
Injuries: none